Date: October 17th
Time: 6:00 Sit and Sew
Place: McFarlin UM Church
KELLI HOWERY, PRESENTER
“JUST JACKETING AROUND”
MESSSAGE FROM KELLI: BRING YOUR JACKETS!!
If you have a jacket you have made, please wear it or bring it to the evening program. Finished or partially finished, just bring it!
WORKSHOP: 9 am – 4 pm
Welcome to the creative endeavor I call making a quilted art jackets! We’re going to have a ton of fun in this class. I LOVE MAKING THESE JACKETS! They’re like potato chips – You can’t have just one!
They are easy, just not super fast – I will give you insights into all the things I’ve learned: WHAT NOT TO DO! The good news is that there are very few rules to follow. Here they are:
· DO NOT CUT your sweatshirt until the class.
· Winter is coming and its gonna be cold.
· This is your project. You make the decisions on what YOU like.
· It is more important to be finished, than to be perfect.
· When a problem comes up (it’s inevitable), there is a way to fix it.
There isn’t a pattern for the jackets I make. I consider myself a free range quilter.
Come join the fun, Kelli